As 2015 draws to a close and I look back on the year, I’m filled with a sense of gratitude. I feel very fortunate to work for a great company, Merkle Response Management Group (RMG), with wonderful staff members and colleagues. And we’re privileged to have such a worthy mission, serving so many nonprofit organizations dedicated to making the world a better place.
In no special order, here are some of the things I’m most thankful for this year:
- 31 new clients – We welcomed a record number of new nonprofits involved in a wide variety of areas, from a regional food bank to the largest animal welfare organization in the U.S.
- The Marine Corps Marathon – I finally took the opportunity to run a marathon, something I’ve always wanted to do, but somehow never found the time for.
- My family – My wife and daughter are always there for me. They encouraged me through the months of training and cheered me on as I ran the course. Their support was invaluable.
- A forward-looking parent company – Their stewardship and vision enabled an investment of over a million dollars in new technology at our facility this year. We made upgrades to our scanning and imaging technology, including remote deposit capture and 2D barcode scanning.
- Passing an annual three-day ISO surveillance audit with zero non-conformances for the third straight year (We were certified to the ISO 9001:2008 standard in 2002, and are the only company of our type serving nonprofits to use this quality management and continuous improvement framework.)
- Doctors Without Borders, the winner of our Thanksgiving contest – Industry peers voted to recognize one of our clients that helps others with food, housing, medical care, disaster relief, and basic needs, and we donated $500 donation to their mission.
- Maintaining Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard compliance at the highest level – Tier 1 – and becoming compliant at the most current, more rigorous 3.0 standard.
- Pink on Purpose – We once again hosted this American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR)-sponsored event, and raised $800 for cancer research.
- Sustainer Processing and Management Solution – We launched this new, comprehensive, integrated sustainer processing and management solution that helps our clients service and retain recurring gift donors.
- Angel Tree® – An Angel Tree® graced the Merkle RMG lobby with needy children’s wishes (toys and clothing) printed on wish cards hung from its branches. Merkle employees showed their generosity, providing gifts and essential items for over 100 needy children in Washington County this holiday season.
- Our employees – Merkle RMG has some of the most dedicated and hard-working employees anywhere, and our clients benefit from their skill and expertise. This year we celebrated several employee milestones:
30 employees who have been with the company five years:
Eight employees who have served for 10 years:
Three employees who have served for 15 years:
And two employees who marked 20 years in 2015:
Congratulations to all of you, and thank you for your hard work and dedication.
My New Year’s resolution? Not to run any more marathons. Just kidding! Although that might be a once-in-a-lifetime achievement for me.
No one knows what 2016 will bring, but I’m confident that whatever challenges arise, we’ll meet them with the same spirit of determination, good will, and enthusiasm that have made this past year such a success. Wishing all of you a wonderful holiday season!